Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Enjoying the beautiful fall weather

Well, I am enjoying the beautiful fall weather here in Carlos Paz. The trees are just now turning slightly brown and orange, and the nights are a little chilly.

My trip here went very well, only a few little confusions - not a problem. I got in a wrong line in Peru, but considering it was 12AM and my flight was not until 1:35AM I had plenty of time, especially with a smaller crowd. My flight from Lima, Peru to Santiago, Chile was only three hours but the time change in the middle of the night and landing at 5:45AM local time was a little tiring. I arrived in Cordoba, ARG around 10:00AM local time and met Amy and Mr. Donell a little after that.

We went out for lunch and just spent time in encouraging fellowship. The Donell's fellowship has been a wonderful blessing. We talked about some ways that we can reach a few particular teenage girls who are quickly being lured by the world and its fleeting pleasures. Amy and I would like to have a movie night soon to simply get to know these girls and show then that we want to love them as friends. Lord willing, I can share my testimony with them to explain the reason why I am here and what it means to be a Christian. Please pray for this opportunity as many Argentines tend to act interested but will not actually come.

This afternoon I went for a run in the chilly fall weather - perfect running weather. Claudio, Amy's fiance has been over, and it has been good to see him again. His English is coming along so well. Speaking of which, I think that I am going to go with Amy to her English classes tomorrow. A great chance to spend time with Claudio and Veronica as they study English.

I love you all and will write more later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristen! I was thinking of you earlier today, and thought I would see how you were doing. That is wonderful that you will be meeting with some teenagers, I hope all goes well with that! Is it possible for you to post pictures on this site? I would love to see some if you have a chance, but don't worry if you can't. Have a wonderful day!

Jena

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris! Love your blog. I'd love to see some pictures soon. Mrs. Metz asked for your blogsite address, too. Miss you and love you.
Alicia

Anonymous said...

Sweets, it's so neat to see your blogsite and to know that you are really down there after all the talk about going. I know that Don, Gail, Amy, and Ian are such great hosts. We will be praying for the contacts with the girls you mentioned. Much love, DAD