Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sunday afternoon greetings

A couple days have passed since my last blog entry, and I wanted to updated you all. I apologize for no pictures, I have honesty been working so much that I have not gotten around to taking any pictures. (Then, when I wanted to take some pictures, the camera was dead, and I lost the battery, but I found it today.)

Anyways, I have been doing a lot a computer work lately. We have a marriage retreat coming up in June, so Amy and I have been doing a lot to get ready for that. I created a brochure that we passed out at church today. We are hoping to have about 10-12 couples. This will be a wonderful opportunity to define and explain a Gospel centered marriage, a concept foreign to many Argentines. Just to give a perspective, most people do not actually get married here. They just live together and become "Common Law" married. They do not want to go through the complication of commitment and divorce. So... we see this "Reforming Marriage" retreat as a great opportunity.

On Friday, I went to Karate with Ian. That was an interesting experience to watch the kids from all different levels all do their karate lessons together. Ian is very focused and does a great job.

Saturday morning, Amy, Mr. Donell, and I set up a book table down at the park downtown. It went really well. We passed out several tracts and talked with a number of people. We gave away about eight books, which is quite a number. Mr. Donell even sat down to talk with a man, Ector, who had been by the table a couple other times. He told Mr. Donell that he wanted to come to our services on Sunday, and he was actually there today. (Often people say they will come and never actually do.) Ector seemed genuninly interested in the Gospel.

Later, I created a "Quest for Joy" tract from Desiring God Ministries in Spanish because we are running out of tracts. We are also working on creating a Spanish songbook for the church.

Yesterday afternoon, we went to find a wedding place for Amy and Claudio. It was really beautiful! I am so excited for those of you who plan to come to the wedding (Oct.4). It will definitely be a neat cultural experience.

Today, the Lord's day, we had the morning service. This is a time of sining, memory/catechism work, and Sunday School. During Sunday School, I watched to babies so the parents could go to the service. Tonight, at 7:00pm, we will have the main worship service. Right after the service, Mr. and Mrs. Donell left for San Nicholas. Amy and I are here to "man" the house until late tomorrow afternoon. I am glad to help out teaching Ian because it will free Amy up to prepare her English classes.

So anyways, that is what's going on. I think my Spanish is coming along, but I still get easily overwhelmed\nervous with people I don't know very well. I love you all and miss you much. Hopefully next time, I will have some pictures of Carlos Paz and the book table. (The ARE on Amy's camera, but the Donell's took it to San Nicholas.)

Un besito y mucho cariƱo,
Kristen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristen!
Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and will continue praying for you and your ministry down there. Thanks for keeping us updated!!
Laura