Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Cilena's Birthday Party

We celebrated Cilena's 7th birthday today. We had a great time with hamburgers and chocolate cake. I think she enjoyed it, although she is pretty shy.
Afterward, I sat down and talked with Ayalen and Nyer about their relationship as sisters. They are in a very competitive phase and don't see their relationship as friends. I told them a lot about Alicia and I and the good friendship we have now but the many things that we had to and still have to work through. (Here is recent picture of us right before I left.) Tomorrow I hope to spend some more time with them. Please pray that the Lord would give them soft, listening hearts. It seems that they really pay attention to personal examples, like with Alicia and me.

-Kristen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristen,
Just wanted to let you know that I am still reading...it's exciting to see what God is doing over there through you!
When are you coming back to the States?
Laura Bible

Kristen Hatfield said...

Thanks Laura. Great to hear from you ! I fly out next Wednesday. Looking to forward to sharing a house with you next year!
-Kristen

bballbek said...

Hi! How are you I just wanted to say Hi.... I really like your blog.

Lissa264 said...

Hey Kristen!
I hope you enjoy your last week down there! I've been working at Hatfield Builders this week =)
It'll be good to see you again, and I hope you have safe travel!
~Melissa~

Kristen Hatfield said...

Thanks you guys!