Thursday, July 12, 2007

Surprise trip - Lima, Peru!

I am spending the day in Lima, Peru. What an unexpected and cool experience! I was trying to go home and, well... do I have some stories to tell! Basically, in a nutshell, after waiting 11 hours in Santiago, my flight was delayed and missed my connecting flight. So I found myself with a German, an Australian, and a Californian at 3am in the Lima airport - no luggage and no flight. No problem really - my trip has taught be how to be FLEXIBLE! Thank goodness, the Californian girl and I speak Spanish, or we´d be sunk. We stayed in a very nice hotel here in Lima. The Australian woman and Californian girl and I have been walking all over Lima most of the day. Its very different from Argentina - so cool. Oh the stories to tell...

Hoping to arrive home sometime in the near future,

Kristen


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you are home by now, that was quite the layover!!!
I was just praying for you and safety in travel. I guess God answered it, just in an unusual way!!
I am coming to Jena's next week, so let me know if you can meet us sometime. I would love to hear about Argentina in person!
Laura B

Amy Donell Molina said...

how cool is that!!!! I've never been there! I was afraid they weren't going to let you go into the country because you didn't have a visa or anything...but hw cool is that... you got to see Lima Peru!.... i'm jelous! :)...glad your back safely!

Amy Donell Molina said...

hey... now that you have DHL in your house USE IT! Update your blog!!!! People still want to know what's going on in your life!