Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Finally Home

After my exciting adventure in Lima, Peru, I finally arrived home. I think I calculated that the trip from start to finish took over 50 hours, but it was worth it. I met some neat people and saw a culture totally different from Argentina. It seemed like there was much more poverty and danger in Lima than in the places I went in Argentina. According to one website I found,

"Ever since Pizarro tricked the Inca, Atahualpa, into capture, slaughtered him, and looted the City of Cuzco, this Andean country has become synonymous with robbery. Unlike Brazil, a gun is rarely used; the Peruvians are too professional. Their art is well crafted, and the sneak thieves are very nimble. If you give them the slightest opportunity, they will relieve you of your possessions quicker than an armed mugger could even produce a weapon."

The airline put us up in a very nice hotel that served all sorts of cultural cuisine and treated us wonderfully. Overall, it was a wonderful trip. But it is so good to finally be with my family again.

This week has been back to American stress and work again. Its so fast paced. I think that the Latin American culture is much more relaxed than here. I miss it, yet it has been good to be back. Sunday, worshipping in English felt so wonderful. I understood every single thing!

Back on American soil,
Kristen

1 comment:

melandaaron said...

So glad that you made it back safely! I know you had an amazing trip!